Instant Himalayan Shepherd Rajma Masala (with organic mountain garlic) - 250 GMS
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
Instant Himalayan Shepherd Rajma Masala (with organic mountain garlic) is an exclusive mountain special from our upper Tons Valley!
In the summer shepherds in our region take their flock of sheep and goats to the vast high-altitude Himalayan pastures. In that harsh environment, where temperatures are barely above freezing even in summer, they need warm food that makes them feel at home. Rajma is a favorite, because it is dense, rich in proteins and gets made into a soupy-dal that is perfect for the ambience,
In that harsh environment, it is impossible to carry a multitude of ingredients to make rajma, so what is used is a very simple recipe - two spoons of mustard oil, garlic, red chillies, salt, seasoning (chora/angelica glauca) and rajma.
The shepherds always have a fire going at their camp, where rajma is left to slow-cook all-day. When they return with their flock, the cooked rajma is rapidly prepared with the seasoning. This soupy-rajma is eaten with either rotis or rice.
Contents Of Pack:
- 250 gms Instant Himalayan Shepherd Rajma Masala
- Contains the herb chora (angelica glauca), ground with organic mountain garlic, rock salt and organic red chillies.
Rajma in 3 steps:
- Soak 100 gms rajma for 4-5 hours minimum. You can use any rajma variety. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles till the beans are soft.
- Heat mustard oil and sautee some jeera (cumin seeds).
- Add the cooked rajma and 1.25 TSP of our Instant Himalayan Shepherd Rajma Masala and boil for 2-3 mins.
(Adding onions, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger etc is entirely optional)
OTHER USES OF THIS PRODUCT:
1. Shepherd Pasta: Toss any boiled pasta in olive oil. Add this masala as per taste
2. Shepherd Salad: Make a salad which contains goat cheese and add our masala as the seasoning
3. Shepherd Buttermilk: Fresh buttermilk tastes divine with a pinch of this masala
4. Shepherd Bloody Mary: Dilute the masala 1:1 with normal salt and rim your cocktail glass with it
RECIPE ALSO PRINTED ON MASALA PACKET
Chora (angelica glauca), by itself is a very pungent and intense herb. It needs to be used in very careful measures to obtain optimal taste. We have used rock salt as a base to grind the chora, garlic and red chillies on a traditional stone silbatta. Our local staff have ensured that the optimal ratio of chora is used along with red chillies and garlic. The suggested masala quantity for 100 gms of rajma is 1.25 TSP, which you can adjust according to taste. Since the base of our masala is salt, please don't add extra salt at any point during the cooking process.
Weight: 250 gm (excluding packing)
Packing: 1 x 250 gm vacuum pack
NIL GST | SHIPPING INCLUDED
Category: Food - Perishable
Shipping Provider: Shiprocket
Shipping Duration: 6-9 days after dispatch
Online Tracking: http://tonsvalleyshop.shiprocket.co/