1KG - Organic Himalayan Tartary Buckwheat Flour
1KG - Organic Himalayan Tartary Buckwheat Flour
*** 100% free shipping on this product ***
Organic Himalayan Tartary Buckwheat (HTB) Flour is a superfood from our mountains.
Himalayan Tartary Buckwheat (HTB in short), fagopyrum tataricum, is a relative of the common buckwheat plant. It is grown only in high himalayan regions as its name suggests. HTB is actually a seed and not a grain as the name might imply. It's closer to the rhubarb and sorrel family of vegetables than wheat.
HTB is 100% gluten-free, rich in phytonutrients, and contains a variety of vitamins and minerals. It's high in complete proteins, and prebiotic fiber.
This flour, in fact, has twice as much protein as quinoa.
Health benefits on consuming HTB Super Flour:
- Immunity-boosting properties: Among other antioxidants, HTB has high levels of quercetin, a phytonutrient that research suggests has a wide array of benefits—including supporting immune health and managing inflammation.
- Promotes brain health: Another star antioxidant you'll find in HTB: rutin. Studies suggests this phytonutrient may protect against neurodegenerative diseases, by fighting free radicals and oxidative stress. And there's 50 times more rutin in HTB than regular buckwheat!
- Important vitamins and minerals: As mentioned, HTB is packed with all kinds of crucial nutrients. This includes magnesium; B vitamins, including B1, B2, and B6; and zinc. The unique plant also contains D-chiro-inositol, a molecule involved in blood sugar regulation and hormone balance in our bodies.
HTB flour has a noticeable bitter after note (all its super nutrition comes from the bitters!) and its usage must cater to minimising that.
Typical usage scenarios for HTB flour:
1. Mix upto 10-20% with normal wheat flour (or our own superb Emmer Wheat Flour). You can even do 80% Wheat + 10% HTB + 10% Amaranth flours.
2. Make 100% HTB flour pancakes and serve with any pure honey.
3. Use in baking, HTB flour is especially yum if added to cupcakes.
4. Roast flour mildly and mix with buttermilk to have as a porridge. You can add normal salt to taste or any or our spiced salts!
HTB in the upper Tons Valley, Uttarakhand:
HTB is a summer crop in the upper Tons Valley. It is sown in the month of June and harvested in mid-October. HTB is a very easy growing plant with distinctive triangular leaves and requires very little manure inputs. But it is a very low-yielding plant. Farmers have almost stopped growing it as it is especially vulnerable to birds when the seed forms. Today, HTB is only grown in very tiny quantities for consumption during annual festivals and rituals. There are some special dishes here in our region that require this flour.
HTB is completely organic, grown using only natural compost and cow manure. No inorganic fertilizer or chemical pesticides are used.
We have painstakingly collected HTB from the remote village of Osla which is 8 hours walking from the nearest road. Literally, we have gone door to door collecting 1 to 2 kgs from each household, whatever farmers were willing to spare.
You buying this rich and heirloom produce will motivate farmers to once again grow more of it.
We are in the process of helping these farmers getting their produce certified organic very soon.
Packing: 1 kg ziplock packs
5% GST INCLUDED
Category: Food - Perishable
Products marked 'Free Shipping' (there is a separate collection called 'Free Shipping', have 100% free shipping to anywhere in India.
Rajma, Dals, Rice, Grains & Flours, have Rs. 450 shipping charge till Rs. 2000. Due to high shipping costs and these being low-margin produce, it is uneconomical to ship orders less than Rs. 2,000 free. Kindly understand and cooperate.
You can add 'Free Shipping' products to your cart with Rajma, Dals, Rice, Grains & Flours to boost your order total to Rs. 2,000 and avail completely free shipping!
We are not a big e-commerce company focused on providing you instant gratification. We are trying to do things in our own way and are trying to work on things like technology, supply chain, customer service etc, from a very logistically challenged location. However, when it comes to products, we assure you nothing but the best.
Here are some important questions answered for you about how we ship our products:
How long does it take for me to get my products?
We have a fixed shipping schedule for orders. Monday is our designated shipping day. Every week, all orders made till Saturday 3 pm IST are processed for shipping on the following Monday.
Why does it take so long?
We process our orders in weekly batches. Our warehouse is in a very distant location. There is no way for us to ship small packets individually. We must process our orders in batches that can travel together in one vehicle to reduce the transportation cost from our warehouse to the shipping hub in Dehradun. We always send an email to confirm order dispatch on Saturday night.
How can I track my shipment?
Details will be emailed, please keep a track of your email.
How do you compensate in case of a lost or damaged shipment?
Please read our shipping policy: https://tonsvalley.shop/policies/shipping-policy